The concept of “quality” in relation to software acts as a certain characteristic, criterion or metric, the degree of compliance with which should be as close as possible to a certain standard that determines the optimal quality. Since software, unlike many types of products, is often created for (under) a specific customer, the requirements for its quality have a slightly different interpretation, because they are formed additionally depending on the needs of the future user.
The adopted international standards related to software indicate that with the development of the software industry there is a need to change approaches and criteria for assessing the quality of these products. Quantification of software quality characteristics with the help of metrics determines the level of programs “a posteriori”, requiring decision-making to eliminate the shortcomings of the final product. This approach is supplemented in the article by the methodology of a priori obtaining the quality of the resulting products through the development of tools (models or information technologies) that determine the factors of formation and prognostic assessment of the quality of processes at the stage of their implementation.
The paper contains a review of literature sources related to the proposed topic. The expediency of using the information concept of quality formation of publishing and printing processes in relation to the study of software quality issues is substantiated. The main characteristics (factors) of software quality, determined by standards in the field of software engineering, are highlighted. A formalized graphical representation of the structural relationships between the factors using a semantic network, the description of which is made using the language of predicate logic. Using the methodology of modeling hierarchies, the levels of preferences of factors are determined on the basis of the constructed binary matrix of reachability, the processing of which is performed by iterative tables. The basic model of factors of influence on software quality is synthesized by means of infographics.
Keywords: software, software quality factors, semantic network, predicate logic language, hierarchy modeling, reachability matrix, iteration tables, quality factors model.
- ISO/IEC 9126-1:2001. Software engineering. Product quality. Part 1: Quality model. [Introduced 15.06.2001; revised by ISO/IEC 25010:2011]. Geneva (Switzerland), 2001. 32 p. (International standard) (in English).
- ISO/IEC 25010:2011. Systems and software engineering. Systems and software Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE). System and software quality models. [Introduced 01.03.2011]. Geneva (Switzerland) (in English).
- Zghurovskyi, M. Z., & Pankratova, N. D. (2007). Osnovy systemnoho analizu. Kyiv : Vydavnycha hrupa VNU (in Ukrainian).
- Bartish, M. Ya., & Dudzianyi, I. M. (2009). Doslidzhennia operatsii. Chastyna 3. Ukhvalennia rishen i teoriia ihor. Lviv : Vydavnychyi tsentr LNU imeni Ivana Franka (in Ukrainian).
- Matveiev, V. Semantychni merezhi. URL: matveev.kiev/exprt/t5.pdf (in Ukrainian).
- Matveiev, V. Predstavlennia znan z vykorystanniam lohiky predykativ. Retrieved from matveev.kiev/exprt/t4.pdf (in Ukrainian).
- Liamets, V. I., & Teviashev, V. I. (2004). Systemnyi analiz. Vstupnyi kurs. 2-he vyd., pererob. ta dopov. Kharkiv : KhNURE (in Ukrainian).
- Siavavko, M. S. (2007). Informatsiina systema «Nechitkyi ekspert». Lviv : Vydavn.tsentr LNU imeni Ivana Franka (in Ukrainian).
- Rotshtein, O. P., Lariushkin, Ye. P., & Mitiushkin, Yu. I. (2008). Soft Computing v biotekhnolohii: bahatofaktornyi analiz i diahnostyka. Vinnytsia : UNIVERSUM-Vinnytsia (in Ukrainian).
- Sydorov, M. O. (2018). 50 rokiv inzhenerii prohramnoho zabezpechennia: Problemy prohramuvannia, 4, 30–44 (in Ukrainian).
- Report on a conference sponsored by the NATO science committee, Garmisch, Germany, 7th to 11th October 1968, Editors: Peter Naur and Brian Randell (in English).
- Lundberg, L., Mattson, M., & Wohlin, C. (2005). Software quality attributes and trade-offs. Blekinge Institute of Technology (in English).
- Bilas, O. Ye. (2011). Yakist prohramnoho zabezpechennia ta testuvannia. Lviv : Vydavnytstvo Lvivskoi politekhniky (in Ukrainian).
- Lavrishcheva, K. M. (2008). Prohramna inzheneriia. Kyiv (in Ukrainian).
- Tabunshchyk, H. V., Kudermetov, R. K., & Brahina, T. I. (2013). Inzheneriia yakosti prohramnoho zabezpechennia. Zaporizhzhia : ZNTU (in Ukrainian).
- Rozvytok ukrainskoi IT-industrii: analitychnyi zvit. It Ukraine. (2018) (in Ukrainian).
- Protsesy ta systemy pidtrymky yakosti prohramnykh system. Retrieved from (in Ukrainian).
- Modeli zhyttievoho tsyklu, pryntsypy i metodolohii rozrobky prohramnoho zabezpechennia. Retrieved from (in Ukrainian).
- Stadii tsyklu rozrobky PZ. Retrieved from (in Ukrainian).
- Testuvannia ta yakist prohramnoho zabezpechennia. Retrieved from (in Ukrainian).
- Durnyak, B., Pikh, I., & Senkivskyy, V. (2018). Method of determining the weight of predicates of semantic networks in publishing processes: Przegląd papierniczy (Polish Paper Review). Warshawa, (1), 57–60 (Scopus) (in English).
- Osinchuk, O. I., Pikh, I. V., & Senkivskyi, V. M. (2017). Model zabezpechennia yakosti tematychnoho planuvannia knyzhkovykh vydan. Science and Education a New Dimension (Natural and Technical Sciences). Budapest, (16), Issue 148, 38–40.
- Senkivskyy, V., Pikh, I., Babichev, S., Kudriashova, A., & Senkivska, N. (April 2021). Modeling of Alternatives and Defining the Best Options for Websites Design. 2-nd International Seminar on Intelligent Information Technologies and Information Security Systems (IntelITSIS-2021). CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2021, 2853. Khmelnytskyy, 259–270 (in English).
- Pikh, I. V., Durniak, B. V., Senkivskyi, V. M., & Holubnyk, T. S. (2017). Informatsiini tekhnolohii formuvannia yakosti knyzhkovykh vydan. Lviv : Ukrainska akademiia drukarstva (in Ukrainian).
- Senkivskyi, V. M., Pikh, I. V., Kudriashova, A. V., & Lytovchenko, O. V. (2016). Teoretychni osnovy zabezpechennia yakosti vydavnycho-polihrafichnykh protsesiv (Chastyna 2: Syntez modelei priorytetnosti dii faktoriv): Polihrafiia i vydavnycha sprava, 1 (71), 20–29 (in Ukrainian).
- Durniak, B. V., Pikh, I. V., & Senkivskyi, V. M. (2022). Teoretychni osnovy informatsiinoi kontseptsii formuvannia ta otsiniuvannia yakosti vydavnycho-polihrafichnykh protsesiv. Lviv : Ukrainska akademiia drukarstva (in Ukrainian).